Saturday, February 21, 2009

A Fortnight and a Half Yet to Venture...

Well, my friends, 20 February is a big day in terms of REU applying. Most REU programs across different sciences (and mathematics) had the 20th as the due date for applications. I thought I was set, having turned in an unofficial copy of my transcript to Texas A&M's program not long ago. 



However, I received an e-mail from Corvallis (Oregon State), notifying me that my application was complete, except for one letter of recommendation. I was a tad shocked, for those were taken care of several weeks back. Apparently, one of my supposed references either never bothered to read my e-mail that asked for a letter, or he forgot about taking care of it - the reasoning behind it, I'm not sure. Instead of fussing over that, I knew I could turn to my independent study professor, Dr. Daniel Alexander, for help. He was very happy to complete the second recommendation letter in the stead of the original supposed letter-sender. 

Thanks to Dan, my applications are in, including Oregon State's. Like I've said before, all I have to do now is to continue playing the Waiting Room game. A fortnight and a half to go yet, before I hear from any of the nine REU programs. Oregon State gave me a notification deadline of three to four weeks, and the others should follow suit to that loose deadline. We'll soon find out where I'll be researching this summer. Prayers and your continued support is always appreciated, especially now. Now, back to the waiting room for a fortnight and a half.....

No comments:

Post a Comment